View Single Post
Old October 20, 2019, 10:41 PM
Rick

Default Re: OK thanks Rick, I avoid summits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonJ View Post
I think over a decade since I've attended an event, maybe longer. And I don't see myself going to one any time soon. Many years ago, I did an informal, unscientific study into people who went to Tony Robbins events. Some spending several thousand to walk on coals and jump off poles. Again, very UNscientific but anecdotally, none had made an income improvement, and few said they were better off overall, but ALL said they benefited from it.

I think people have a great power, to fool themselves into thinking that going to events, paying money for courses, joining groups, and networking is in some way beneficial to their bottom line. I've found over the years, dang few of event attendees ever get around to applying what they learned, or bought at these things.

Actually, fooling ourselves into believing what we bought, and never using it was enough. I think this to be a universal deception we do to ourselves.

The knowing is as far from the doing as one can get, albeit, it somehow convinces us we are (like objects in the rear view mirror) closer than they are.

Gordon

I don't seem to be doing a very good job of explaining. These are online events. These aren't seminars like a Tony Robbins event. I'll dig out some examples later.

Rick