View Single Post
Old August 27, 2019, 02:30 PM

Default Bill Sells Cable TV Dr-To-Dr w/Lotto Tickets

Bill Sells Cable TV Dr-To-Dr w/Lotto Tickets

Hey Glenn,

You know, I think I can get used to this kind of stuff.

I was going over my notes from our conversation to pick something out that I could use right away and see how things go.

Well, I really liked the use of a camera to break the ice while selling Cable TV door to door, BUT I changed it around a bit.

I went to the door of a home I knew recently sold and the homeowners were home, and when the lady answered the door I introduced myself and. . . er . . . I think it would be best if I just wrote it out as if you were there.

HO = Home Owner
ME = well, me of course

HO - Answers door

ME - Hi, I'm Bill with CableTwo and this may sound like an ODD request but would you mind if I —Bribed you with a Lotto Ticket— and snapped your picture? You see, my BOSS doesn’t think I'm actually out here talking to people, so I thought this would be the best way to PROVE I am.

HO - giggles, and says "WHy not.”

ME - Aim, focus and SNAP, picture is taken, would you like to see how it turned out?

HO - giggles some more, "Oh I don't know, well OK"

ME - I show her the pic, and tell her if this doesn't convince my BOSS then I don't know what will.

HO - Why do you have to PROVE you are talking to people

ME - I'm the manager of this SUB for CableOne, and my job is to make sure I let every home owner know about our "NEW HomeOwner specials.”

HO - interrupts me to ask what kind of specials we have.

We talk back and forth, and I end up writing up my first sale.

WOW, I thought how could this get any easier

So I made sure to look for the homes where people were home, and when the day was over I had made EIGHT SALES!!!

That is more than half my quota for an entire week.

Thy funniest one was one lady who said she HATES cameras and doesn’t like her picture to be taken, and I SAYS, "Then put your hand in front of your face or turn away, all I need to do is show my BOSS that I was here talking with YOU, and I will even show you the pic so you can see that you can't see WHO you are.

BINGO, my IN for another SALE!

Glenn, THANK YOU, thank you VERY much, this is actually FUN now ;-)

Feel free to use this anyway you choose.

Best . . . Bill

Last edited by Dien Rice : August 27, 2019 at 05:36 PM. Reason: fixed formatting