View Single Post
Old May 16, 2003, 07:24 PM
Chris

Default Re: Better keep that proven technique secret.

Once again, Michael makes some very good points/observations. I thought I'd respond with my own 2 cents.

Cent #1: Michael says to ask yourself "would *I* be willing to do X for $X?". I think he should have qualified that a little. If you (i.e., anyone) are a businessperson (biz owner, exec, employee, whatever) making pretty good money, then even $30 for 3 hrs. work/exercise might not be that attractive to you. Instead, put yourself in the shoes of the potential distributor. If you are a high school / college student or retiree or housewife looking for extra cash, or someone else in dire need of some income, then $10/hr. may look pretty good.

That reminds me,... being a little older & more mature(?), college students *may* be more reliable than HS students. (Care to comment, Erik?) I hate to generalize, 'cuz ultimately it comes down to the individual. Also, the scouts promote integrity, so a scout troop may be a good alternative.

Cent #2: Have you tried mailing postcards rather than flyers? People like Alex Mandossian and Bob Leduc sell infoproducts on how to build businesses thru postcards. Of course, you could probably transfer most (all?) of your flyer's content onto a black-&-white postcard and do quite well. (You could test adding a spot of color, maybe blue or red, to see if it improves response.)

Chris