View Single Post
Old November 10, 2008, 05:18 PM
Administrator

Default From a cheap SOG who has used many FREE ones...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Camp View Post
Hi All,

I am working on my first ebook, and want to know that it will sell a few copies before I spend money to register a domain and pay for hosting.

Does anyone know of a free host that I can use - all I need is a home page and a download page after a customer has paid through paypal. Any suggestions?

Thanks! Martin

I've made thousands of dollars using my FREE website at angelfire.com. Had it for a decade.

Had many other FREE sites too...and some PAID ones.

IF I were just starting out, I'd put my eggs in the GOOGLE basket...start with google sites. Get a google site for FREE, start there and incorporate all the google tools until you feel comfortable enough to venture into the paid hosting...and you'll get 1001 opinions regarding that too.

You'll need 3 pages actually, a sales or offer page, a thank you page and a download page if you are going to offer your ebook for simple download.

I still use angelfire, in fact, I have just put my first guerrilla AUDIO (about one hour) that I've done in several years, up there and may even offer it to the public...it is on the Money Making MonoGrigm.

Worth it's weight in gold (hey, it's on heavy stock net pages)...

Start with google. One benefit is they tend to Search their own stuff favorably.

Gordon Jay Alexander

PS. And if you need someone to build it for you, or to offer the basic how to start-up guide, your answer is Steve MacLellan. http://www.homebusiness-websites.com

Last edited by GordonJ : November 10, 2008 at 05:53 PM.