View Single Post
Old September 16, 2006, 08:47 AM
Administrator

Default Answer for Michael and TW

Regarding the word "Chatteling"...I'd like to take credit, but it was used on me by a friend who is an Auctioneer. When they are called into sell an estate, they often sell the Real Estate and Chattels...so they (the auctioneers industry) call it chatteling.

The word chattel comes from an ancient form of CATTLE...in more nomadic times a man's wealth was determined by amount of livestock he owned, cattle, sheep, goats etc.

In Real Estate, it is generally considered anything that is NOT attached to the structure...although great battles have been fought over things like faucets, light fixtures, chandeliers...which is why a RE contract must be very specific about what is considered "attached" or not.

And Michael, I have a whole LESSON on Barter...and some of the best stories coming from this board are concerned with that...

Let's see: One guy has gotten scores of FREE meals. Another was given a CAR for FREE. In the course I show exactly how I barter and what I get.

So, YES, FREE counts...in fact, that is the best deal to make...one where you PAY NOTHING and get some moolah in exchange.

That being said, I usually BARTER for other things...sort of use it as a substitue for cash, as I show in the course.

Thanks for asking, and my eBay tests will be ending soon.

http://cgi.ebay.com/The-Beginners-Gu...QQcmdZViewItem

Gordon J. Alexander