View Single Post
Old October 31, 2011, 04:53 PM
Samir

Default Re: A Wine & Cheese business idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandalwood View Post
Sounds good on paper. However if your area is like mine, the local super market chains already perform this service. The 2 that come to mind are Raley's and Scolari's. Both are family owned and are local to NV and CA. If these folks had the idea, do you suppose owners in your area also had the idea.

BTW, Whole Foods (I think that's their name) also does cooking seminars and wine and cheese pairing seminars and other food related seminars in their store on Virginia St - a main N to S thoroughfare running through Reno.

I'm not trying to be a wet blanket but if the dufuses in podunk NV have thought of it, I'd bet the illuminati in the real world have already thunk of it too.

Just my 2¢...

Tom

Hi Tom...thanks for your input. Do the stores you mention have it laid out as self-service (in the form of the labeling idea I mentioned) or do they have experts available to answer your wine & cheese pairing questions?

There are two wholefoods near me and although they carry a wide selection of cheeses, neither of them sells wines.

Thanks
-Samir