View Single Post
Old November 25, 2014, 08:13 AM
Onwards and upwards!

Default Thanks Glenn! That's a pretty much guaranteed moolah-making idea...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
How Might You Adapt This Idea?

Your Restaurant Can ALSO Take Advantage of all of this STAR POWER
Promotional PR.

Why Put a 6 foot STAR CAKE in your Restaurant Window?

a - to fill your seats

b - To get radio and TV coverage of your Restaurant

c - Contribute to your local Community - Perhaps hold a SUPER STAR Cake Baking Contest btwn Schools for a Munny Prize.

AND

Don't limit yourself to Sponge Cake Action figures.

Artists Do huge Ice Sculpture for weddings.

Chain Saw Artisans do life-size figures in wood.

Not sure how you'd get wet sand into your Restaurant. But there are
some incredible sand Sculptures done in beach competitions.

DIRECTIONS:

#1 - Research which mega-movies are coming out next.

#2 - Find a Real International SuperStar who will appear in an up-coming
epic

#3 - Start calling local artists, Bakeries, High school and college Art Departments
And Home Economics departments.
Thanks Glenn...

Somehow, your posts always stimulate my mind...

Actually, this solves a problem for me...

I've done some PR work before. For example, I did some PR work for a restaurant, and got them a number of articles in various local newspapers, including a big metropolitan daily.

And it worked! It generated interest, and brought customers in through the door... Many customers mentioned the newspaper articles. Not only that, but (especially with a review in a big metropolitan daily newspaper), people were traveling across town to go to the restaurant. This had never happened to them before...

Now... here's the problem with PR I hadn't yet quite solved...

One PR method I've read about is to "piggyback" on current events that are being written about. If it's a "big" story, many reporters are looking for a "new angle" on the story. If you can give them a new angle on the story, it could be a chance to get a mention in the newspaper/magazine/blog etc.

My problem was that, check out most current events... they're very negative!

It's very hard to piggyback a promotional story on news topics like - ebola, murders, kidnappings, etc. It just doesn't work...

However, your idea is great... Why not piggyback on another PR event! In this case, on a big upcoming movie, guaranteed to get publicity!

I love the idea...

One of your earlier posts, of Chelsea Handler posing on a horse mimicking Putin (with a dash of controversy mixed in), was like that too, since Putin was clearly doing a publicity stunt, and Chelsea Handler "piggybacked" on it...

Great stuff! Thanks Glenn, this is a pretty much guaranteed money making idea - if you put it into action...

- Dien