View Single Post
Old July 25, 2007, 05:29 AM
MichaelRoss

Default Spider's All Around

Bea,

Thanks for kidding around.

I was at the dinner table once and the person opposite me stood up away from the table and pointed at my chair. I looked over my shoulder to see a Huntsman walking up the side of the chair towards my shoulder. I calmly just rose up, got a newspaper, let it crawl onto it then carried it outside. Needless to say, Spiders don't phase me.

And they wouldn't want to. One time, while doing some Night Beach Fishing, it started to rain. So me and my fishing buddy hightailed it into some nearby shrubs to take cover. After a minute my buddy asks for the torch. I give it to him. He turns it on and we discover there are spiders Everywhere. Suspended between webs between the branches of the shrubs.

We looked around and we couldn't see a way out of the shrubs without going through multiple webs and spiders. So we laid flat and squirmed out. That was... interesting

The jumping spiders are usually around the size of a grain of rice - unlike a Huntsman which can have a leg span as big as the open end of a mug. Although some Jumper's are larger.

I once watched a small spider weave a web from scratch over 45 minutes. Then it rained and wrecked the web. After the rain the spider started all over again. Fascinating.

Michael Ross
www.hotsheets.info - check it out.