View Single Post
Old April 23, 2015, 05:47 PM
Thomas

Default Re: Another way to make money

Cost segregation service has been around for a while, but it became much easier with improvement in specialized software programs. I looked into it few years back when I was offered to buy my accountant's firm.

It's kinda funny niche. When you do a local google search, you'll find a lot competitors, mainly CPA firms. What's interesting, most of them are just re-sellers of one of the bigger software/service companies that actually perform the cost segregation. :-)

Some CPAs will do less complex projects in-house, but anything more involved gets passed on to specialized companies that are not always in the U.S...

I don't have the info in front of me, but I when I was doing my research, I actually got in touch with few companies that developed their own software. They offered white label service/reseller deals, even if you are not a CPA, EA (enrolled agent) or income tax service company. They prefered professionals, but it wasn't mandatory.

It has a nice income potential, some deals can pay five figures. Go for it, Tom!

PS. Also, a lot of resellers for "business valuation" services.