View Single Post
Old April 23, 2015, 06:03 PM
sandalwood

Default Re: Another way to make money

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
Cost segregation service has been around for a while, but it became much easier with improvement in specialized software programs. I looked into it few years back when I was offered to buy my accountant's firm.

It's kinda funny niche. When you do a local google search, you'll find a lot competitors, mainly CPA firms. What's interesting, most of them are just re-sellers of one of the bigger software/service companies that actually perform the cost segregation. :-)

Some CPAs will do less complex projects in-house, but anything more involved gets passed on to specialized companies that are not always in the U.S...

I don't have the info in front of me, but I when I was doing my research, I actually got in touch with few companies that developed their own software. They offered white label service/reseller deals, even if you are not a CPA, EA (enrolled agent) or income tax service company. They prefered professionals, but it wasn't mandatory.

It has a nice income potential, some deals can pay five figures. Go for it, Tom!

PS. Also, a lot of resellers for "business valuation" services.

Thomas,

Thank you for the nice words. If you wish to get more information, drop me a line. It sounds like you might make a ton of $$$ given what you already know.

By the way, we are US based with only professionals in their respective fields. We aren't looking for wannabe practitioners. And, we don't offer white labeling or press 1 for English...

Tom