View Single Post
Old April 28, 2017, 08:07 AM
Administrator

Default Instant deal breakers for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dien Rice View Post
Here's a current observation I've been making...

I never really looked for people advertising their copywriting abilities. But recently, I've come across people promoting their copywriting services...

And their self-promotions were... let's be polite... no good. The "selling" in their own writing, to sell their services, were terrible...

However, people who know little or nothing about sales or copywriting likely would not notice it. So they may still get a few clients (though I expect not many)... Those they get are probably due to their "low-ball" rates...

I think it is a very valuable skill to learn some essential sales and copywriting principles...

Advertising is "salesmanship in print"... That was apparently said 113 years ago by adman John E. Kennedy, and it's still true today...!

Gordon once advised me to get some experience in really selling. (That is, where you actively make a sale to someone; not where you are a kind of "order taker" for someone who was planning to buy already...) I took his advice, and it has benefited me ever since...!

Best wishes,

Dien

i ca'nt abide in blatant:, spelling and punctuation errors, especially the lower case i Will NEVER hire that guy. Although, I, am especially known, albeit in small circles, for over using commas...and ellipses. Do as i say, not as I do.

Also, there are several Sh*t copy writers, not bad writers, but they have to use the word SH*T in every thing they write. That may work for guys wanting 20/30 something teenagers (mostly prurient) as customers, but, if it is part and parcel of every piece of writing a guy does, NO thanks.

There are some good writers, and they are getting cheaper and cheaper, so it is a good buy as a commodity. As a consumer, good for me.

As a would be copy writer, not good for you.

Gordon