View Single Post
Old September 2, 2007, 07:42 PM
Hugh Gaugler

Default Backup Software . . . A Quick Question

When I'm working on an important Word file, I save it to the C: drive when I reach a pause in the writing. Then I use the "save as" command to save it to a USB thumb drive. Then, to resume writing, I'll pull up the original C: drive file and continue working. A bit of a rigamarole, yes, but at least I know my valuable file is safely backed up on a separate drive.

It seems like there ought be a backup program out there that will do what I described above automatically --- simultaneously saving the file you are working on both to the C: drive (as the main file) and to a separate drive (as the backup file) --- each time you save the main file.

Maybe I'm missing something, but I can't seem to find a utility that does this automatically for a single file. The windows back up utility will make a backup copy of the file you're working on, but won't send it to a different drive --- at least as far as I can tell.

I want a backup copy of a Word file I am working on automatically sent to a different drive each and every time I save my file to the main hard drive.

My Question: Anyone know of a backup utility that will do this?

Thanks Mucho!

---- Hugh