View Single Post
Old January 8, 2018, 10:41 AM
Onwards and upwards!

Default The power of "Rejection Therapy"...!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonJ View Post
I told this guy MY opinion was, very few people, if any, would be interested in old world get off the couch, out the door and talk to people face to face.

I believe most would rather not work at all rather than having to DO something.
As TommyBoy I think pointed out, the big deal with doing face-to-face sales is the REJECTION!

Nobody likes rejection...!

I recently had to hand out flyers to complete strangers on the street... (This was in my role as a band manager, to promote a performance of the band...)

I was having trouble doing it. I'd assess the person walking down the street... Think to myself... "Naaah..." Then do the same with the next person... and the next!

Eventually, I figured out, I'd turn it into a game. I remembered something I had seen and read about... Rejection therapy! The goal was to get as many rejections as possible!

So I set a goal of 10 rejections... And you know what? The psychology completely changed!

I found when I got rejected, and a person rejected my flyer, I was elated! I was closer to my goal!

When someone accepted the flyer... I was a little bit disappointed, because I wasn't closer to my goal of 10 rejections.

The key was, it got me over my fear...

So, say I'd had 2 rejections already. I'd approach someone, and say something like, "Have you seen this?" and hand them a flyer. If they asked for more info, I'd tell them that it was a performance of a band, etc.

If they turned me down, I'd say to myself "Yippee! Now I've got 3 rejections! Only 7 more to go!"

Well, it became much easier with that mindset...!

In that vein, I highly recommend watching some of the videos at "100 Days of Rejection Therapy"...

You'll not only get a kick out of it... It could also help your sales...!

This guy went out and tried to ask people to do (or if he could do) ridiculous things, with the goal of being rejected. His own goal was to overcome his fear of rejection. He had some hilarious results!

For example, you know how Walmart has "greeters" at their stores? He asked if he could be a "greeter" for a Starbucks cafe!

Another one was, you know how some places give free drink refills? He thought he'd ask for a "burger refill"...

Check it out...

100 days of Rejection Therapy
https://www.rejectiontherapy.com/100...ction-therapy/

Best wishes,

Dien

P.S. Rejection Therapy Day 3 - Ask for Olympic Symbol Doughnuts - is pretty awesome...

P.P.S. If you want to see the videos full-sized, click on the word "YouTube" at the bottom right of the video after you start playing it...

Last edited by Dien Rice : January 8, 2018 at 11:02 AM.