View Single Post
Old December 19, 2006, 02:54 PM
Rod Carr

Default Re: Help - Has anyone here ever used ODEO?

Hi Margaret,

Everything was and is working fine. There were no problems whatsoever with the recorder application on our server.

I don’t know what your IE7 settings were so I don’t know why the recorder applet didn’t download right away.

The only issue I had was a very simple, yet equally strange one.

Somehow the speaker volume settings on my machine were too low to hear my recordings. When I turned it up, everything was fine.

What I can’t explain is how the same thing happened to my partner and our programmer’s machines?

We all live in the Pacific NW, and it must have had something to do with the violent weather storm that passed through and hammered everybody’s power supply.

Anyway, once the applet is on your machine and you can see the recorder it is ready to go.

(And you can also reset your security and download settings, as that will have no effect on the recordings you create on your machine, or the transfer of those mp3 files.)

Just make sure your microphone and speakers are set properly so you can record.

And note that if you want to use it from another machine you just have to login and download it on that machine.

If you or any other forum members have any feedback on improving our instructions to install, or other comments, I would sincerely appreciate it.

Like I said we haven't done much to promote this site and tool yet. But will likely improve it and get after some business early next year, as there appears to be a genuine need for a simple, inexpensive online voice recorder.

And your comments would be most helpful.

The only problem we need to clear up is with Paypal. But that’s our problem (and not really a problem). Paypal’s working fine for my other sites, but just not right now for EasyAudioRecorder.

So anybody that wants to sign up can, we’ll just have to catch up to you later.

But hey, maybe that’s not a bad way to go in the first place?

Happy Holidays

Rod

http://www.easyaudiorecorder.com