View Single Post
Old June 23, 2011, 09:25 PM
Administrator

Default To be more accurate...

No, what I said was I knew 5 who were Genius/Brillant when it came to business/making money. I've had more influence exerted upon me by other people...

That being said...HA Gary Halbert...not even in my top 150. The guy could write, no doubt. One of the best ever in the advertising game...he would have been the first to admit to "do as I say, not as I do"when it came to building a lasting business. He readily and often admitted he didn't have what it takes to sustain a business, other than his copywriting and publishing business. He may have been a genius in his writing, but Gary had NO influence on me in the money making/business sense.

The view from the rooftop is quite simple, let me ask you a question.

Can you see more of your neighborhood if you were on top of the roof or standing on the ground in front of your home?

Consider your project/goal as completed, what do you see? How do you get to the rooftop? Let's say there is a ladder you can use, what would be the step off rung that puts you on the top?

What would be the rung beneath that? What would the first rung be? How do you get to the top?

Powerful stuff for the thinkers out there.

The other two geniuses/brillant men were Fred "Papa" Felice who turned down a million dollars in cash for his small little neighborhood pizza shop and a guy named Buchholzer, who owned malls and other stuff and said he never invested in anything he couldn't control. Risk aversion? Perhaps. Self made multi-millionaire? You bet.

Although these men were influential, they weren't the top 5 influencers, but a group of men who shared/share one thing in common...they knew how to think things through in an A to Z, soup to nuts, successful manner.

Thanks for asking.

Gordon Jay Alexander

PS. One of the events which had a huge impact on Harvey Brody's life was when he was flat on his back and couldn't move, he had day after day to do nothing but THINK and he used his time wisely. I think he would say it was a time which he is now very grateful for and may have been the reason for his great health and his great thinking ability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balzrael View Post
You say 5 people influenced you the most: Harvey Brody, Burt Morgan, Ed Barr, Gary Halbert (maybe from what I guess from what you wrote), and Mr X?

Who is the 5th person? (And is Gary Halbert the 4th?)

PS: I can't wait to find out Harvey Brody's secret. (And what exactly is the roof top view). In fact I am interested in all of Harvey Brody teachings. Can't wait for him to release his new course.