View Single Post
Old September 10, 2017, 08:52 PM
Administrator

Default Holy ****, we need to delete this whole thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandalwood View Post
Let me throw some more shade on this conversation. Here is a shortened version of a conversation I was in 53 years ago:

Him: Are you saved?
Me: What?
Him: Have you accepted Jesus Christ as your savior?
Me: Well, I'm Catholic and my church tells me I have.
Him: No. have you actually accepted Jesus Christ as your savior?
Me: Again, I believe I have.
Him: No you haven't. You are not saved. You haven't accepted Jesus Christ as your savior. You are going to hell.

Advance to today:

Him: Have you renounced fascists, the alt-right, Trump, Neo Nazis and racists?
Me: I think free speech allows them to say anything they want and then accept the consequences.
Him: So you haven't renounced those groups. You are a fascist/fascist supporter and deserve what you are about to receive.

Can you tell me how to use any technique to have a sane non threatening conversation with either of these people?

BTW, the Air Force was kind enough to train me in propaganda techniques. I say that only to inform the audience I am no stranger to the verbiage.

How about a Muslim who believes you are an infidel because you aren't a Muslim. He, like the other 2 people, is ready to defend his belief(s) with force. Are you ready to defend yourself with force?

IMHO that is all it boils down to. How committed is a person to their belief? If you aren't ready to stand your ground, you get rolled over or killed. No amount of NLP, propaganda or persuasion techniques will avoid the conflict. That, to me, is the world we live in.

Please don't take this added dialogue as me aiming it at you. It is for general discussion.

An added point:

This forum has the right to ban anyone it believes violates its rules. However, if antifa reads this forum and sees the moderators and/or owners have not discredited the above named people/organizations, it will be viewed as a supporter and subject to threats and violence.

How do they avoid the potential of being labeled an alt-right organ promoting fascism? Remember, capitalism is very real on this board. In fact it is promoted regularly.

Antifa hates capitalism. We may not want to think about that in this cozy discussion universe but it is very real in today's universe.

The mind is a wonderful tool, isn't it?

No more continued remarks.

Speaking of propaganda. YIKES!!