View Single Post
Old February 15, 2002, 06:27 AM
Dove Express

Default It's an interactive process

Hi Dien, and Anya,

Your postings are helpful. My experience with finding my own target market is an interactive process. That is I found out I have to constantly listen to the market and adjust my product and service. My company provides email tools for viral marketing and CRM. It is specially true to these types of cutting edge businesses, where you don't have a proven formula to follow.

I try to make it easy for people to feedback and interact with me in every communication channel to my potential customers. Thanks to Internet, the almost real-time interaction helps me refine my target market constantly. We set out to do viral marketing more than four years ago when the term "viral marketing" was not even heard of. We did lots of experiments with different types of viral marketing mechanisms, including highly sophisticated e-Card systems, thinking evrey Webmaster is our potential client. But the truth is many of them are not willing to pay for tools or services, so we end up with lots of users but many of them are not paying. Now we integrate the viral marketing components in our email CRM tool. This enhances the product that people are willing to pay for, and also gives our product one more competitive advantage.

So, I think the target market is a moving target. It is especially true to the fast changing online industry.

CAARS for viral permission marketing