View Single Post
Old December 12, 2018, 05:52 PM
Administrator

Default This may or may not be of help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjaminS View Post
I got the green light to put up my board at the restaurant but he wasn't much for leads. I did get his insurance guys card but that's all he had. There were a few business cards there from people that do hair and lawn care so I'll get in touch with those people too. I'm at my main job until 7 pm so I'm not going to be able to start selling until tomorrow morning but so far so good. I have somewhere to put my board and am excited to get out there and sell some ads.

Mock up pics are easy to make. So, I like to put a little salesmanship into it.

When you call his insurance guy, you tell him he is the first choice, has the first right of refusal, and if he says no, then ask if he knows (name his competitor), it takes some confidence, but the right attitude is...(for me)

It doesn't matter to me who is on the board. If the Allstate guy says no, I'll go to Geico, or Farmers, or State Farm...and having MOCK UPS with these guys on them, often tips the scales.

You can easily create a mock up with colored pens, or even stock images from google. Imagine showing up with a pic of the board and having 3 insurance ads on it, including his, and telling him, well, of course ONLY one insurance guy gets on, but since you do business with the restaurant you get first chance to say no...and then, if he says no, ask for directions to his nearest competitor.

Gordon