Linda Caroll

Default Shakespeare said it best...

Hi Gordon!

> I now see only one r in Carol.
> A name is an important asset. So it pays to
> get them right. I will NOT make that mistake
> again Linda CAROL.

If you had any idea how often I say "one r- two l's"... *laughing*

Funny story. When I first met Rick, we emailed back and forth a fair bit. Talked on the phone briefly, too.

Then his email stopped. Just stopped. Cold.

I emailed a couple of times. No response.

Then, just when I'd figured that he wasn't interested in my work after all, I got another email. A LONG one. It started with an apology for sending all his email to lindacarroll.com (two r's, two 'ls)

I promptly registered the domain (the same hour) and pointed it to my primary domain. I then thanked him for telling me about his mistake because it allowed me to make sure no one else would send a letter that would not reach me because they spelled my name with two r's. : )

I get a lot of email that starts out with
"Dear Carol," too. I just smile. That happens a lot when one's surname sounds strikingly like a first name.

Shakespeare said it best;

"A rose by any other name, would smell as sweet."

But, your observation and consideration is appreciated - and thank you!

I really enjoy this forum, Gordon... and thank you for that. I know it takes a lot of work to maintain. I tend to read and then slip away back to work, but I shall make an effort to participate a little more, too.

Incidentally, Rick's site will be ready to roll soon, too. I know you and he have some great things planned and I look forward to seeing them up and running.

Have a great day,

Sincerely,
Linda Caroll

P.S. I was swamped at the time and didn't get a chance to respond to your "darn lucky" post about my partner/boyfriend/whatever you call someone you live with. Thanks for the compliment. It was very appreciated. *g*

On the Internet, you don't get a second chance to make a good first impression!