View Single Post
Old December 3, 2022, 05:51 PM
Onwards and upwards!

Default Should you give everything away as charity? Here's a look at that...

Hi Gordon,

Awesome stuff - thanks!

In your report, you wrote...
"The FOUNDATION of making money is an EXCHANGE OF VALUE."
I've been thinking along similar lines recently...

To me, it's kind of AMAZING how you can have an exchange of value... and both sides will end up "richer" as a result!

(Is that a typo? No!)

Let me illustrate...

In the old days, you might have a dairy farmer, who had extra milk... He can't drink all the milk for himself!

And, you might have a shoemaker... He has more shoes than he needs for just his family!

So the farmer trades some of his extra milk for some shoes, from the shoemaker...

And as a result, both benefit... both end up "richer"!

The barefoot farmer has some shoes, and the milk-deprived shoemaker has some milk!

That's the essence of business...

Of course, we stick money in there as a kind of "middle-man" in the transaction... But it ends up essentially the same...

As long as both sides are honest (and not cheating each other), such transactions effectively are beneficial for both sides... Both sides are, in effect, "richer"...

The same goes for teaching or informational reports...

A report like yours, which teaches people how to make more money... Both sides win!

A person who learns it, and applies it, will have more money, more freedom, more time... They undoubtedly benefit!

But... the benefit is a two-way street... and the information seller also benefits, too...

For a long time, the following kind of thinking is what held me back...

I thought - if you want to benefit the world - why not just give everything away?

The problem with that is, it's not sustainable in the long run...

You can give everything away for free... But then, you reach a point where you can't give away any more, or you starve to death, or something like that...

The world actually benefits MORE, in the long run, if you take part in mutually beneficial TRADES...

There is a place for charity. Especially when dealing with those who have little or nothing to trade back... Sadly, this does happen, of course...

But, in the big picture, when everyone can beneficially trade with each other, EVERYONE benefits...

(But it only works for everyone's benefit when people don't cheat each other.)

Okay, getting off my slippery soap box now...

Best wishes,

Dien

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonJ View Post
About making money, my same old worn out stuff...might it be useful for you today? I don't know.

https://www.angelfire.com/biz/gjbiz/gont.pdf

GordonJ

Last edited by Dien Rice : December 3, 2022 at 06:34 PM.