Thread: Sales Help
View Single Post
Old May 16, 2003, 12:10 PM
Tony Johnson

Default Re: Sales Help

Software and video games are big business. The PS2 game, GTA Vice City, alone has made over $850,000,000. A smart business would want a piece of this action. Cold calling can be fun if you are prepared and if you have fun with it. I would collect a few bits of compelling data (i.e. my GTA story above) and when you call a business, fire a couple of those bullets during your presentation. Example:
Hi, this is Rick Dilsworth with XYZ. Is your business currently looking to increase sales and revenue (who is going to say no?)? I am setting up local business with a program that will allow them to offer our top-selling software and video game packages. As you may know, video games are a billion plus industry, and I would like to set you up with an offering that will easily add numbers to your bottom line. If you have 30-minutes this week, I would like to stop by and show you how we can put this offering in place.

Chances are you will have to talk to multiple people before finding the real decision maker, but if you have a good offering, I would think you will find plenty of interested parties.
On another note, you mentioned non-traditional vendors. I like this kind of thinking. Versus just going to a typical video game vendor (which you probably still want to do), I would think of what type of businesses attract the same "type" of market. When I think of software and games, I think of:
. Small local video stores
. Flee markets
. Consignment stores
. Children clothing and toy stores
. Stores specifically catering spanish speaking
citizens (i.e. grocery stores, etc.)

Just to name a few. Good luck and remember to make it fun! -Tony-

Maximum Effectiveness -The New Book by Anthony Johnson