View Single Post
Old September 27, 2000, 01:31 PM
Dien Rice

Default I created my matchbox....

Ricky,

I just made up my little matchbox. I have a small pile of matches -- without the box -- right next to me to prove it!

And of course, I have my matchbox -- containing the note I just wrote and the bread money, in front of me....

That was a wonderful story....

This reminds me of something I read about the comedian and movie star Jim Carrey. I read this in a magazine article....

Jim Carrey was down and out. I'm not sure if he was homeless, but he was close to it. No money, and no prospects.

What he did was he wrote himself a check, postdated 5 years in the future. The check was for $1 million dollars. He wrote the check to himself.

After that, things began to happen. His comedy stand up act began to pick up. He was then chosen for the TV comedy show, In Living Color. And as they say, the rest is history.

And I don't need to tell you -- he cashed that $1 million dollar check to himself. And he had the money to do it.

The power of affirmation....

I've written my little note, and put the bread money in my matchbox. Thank you Ricky -- now I know I'll never go hungry.... as long as I keep changing my socks.... :)

By the way, I recently got Ricky Higgs' new ebook. I'm still reading through your new ebook, Ricky, but so far it's fantastic. You do have a gift for communication, as your story showed, and you provide a lot of great information and motivation too.... :)

Thank you Ricky for taking the time to post your story.... And if you liked Ricky's story, you may want to check out his ebook, "Sell Your Brain on the Net".... I've really been enjoying it so far... :) (I don't get anything for saying that -- I'm just a pleased reader....)

Sell Your Brain on the Net....