View Single Post
Old November 29, 2020, 06:29 PM
Administrator

Default The Prospect as Product concept seen today...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dien Rice View Post
Hi Gordon,

Somehow I just came across this post (again)...

Great stuff!

Something I probably needed to hear and be reminded of...

Best wishes,

Dien

Master Class is one example of Prospect As Product, and so are the many "schools, colleges, classes, etc." online today...Lynda, eDemy. coursera, skillshare, etc.

They focus on the prospect, the BUYER, who wants to learn something, and there are several successful models. MasterClass has the yearly membership, and you can take as many as you want.

Others offer an ala carte selection, pick and pay as you go.

Now this is a repeat, but the best of all is found in the self improvement area, where there are different levels and many of these by faux authority.

Take Resumes. Is there really a governing body of resume writers? NO, it is a made up Association (one that I should have done), and so are some of those NLP "certifications" passed out like samples at a Costco on a Sat. morning.

But the concept is there. Instead of selling them a TV, or THING, or a piece of software, or a report or information...

it is ALL about SELF IMPROVEMENT, with a purpose, an awful lot to do with income and money making, or more of it as you gain more education.

It is the perfect business, once you get someone hooked, then just let addiction settle in, and WOWZA DOWZA, sis boom moolah a flowing.

Titles help, as do degrees, or stripes on the uniform...all magnifiers to elevate the student and reward them too.

I should do more with this, for sure.

Gordon