View Single Post
Old February 20, 2019, 09:57 AM
Onwards and upwards!

Default Re: Print is dead. Again?

Hi Gordon,

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonJ View Post
Seems all things house and garden still like to pass things out which can be read...and studies have shown,

According to The Wall Street Journal, sales of traditional print books rose by 5 percent in the US last year, while sales of ebooks plunged by 17 percent

just one of many statistics which show people LIKE paper and ink,
I've read about how physical bookstores are going stronger again nowadays, compared to when they were all shutting their doors in the wake of Amazon's early rise...

As for print magazines and newspapers, it seems to me that it's a mixed bag. Some are doing well, and some are faltering... I think the ones that do better (at least it's my impression) are the more specialized ones...

Quote:
have you gotten a card in the snail mail lately? Much better for most of us than an ecard, albeit, the sentiment may be the same. We give more THOUGHTFULNESS credit to the sender of a paper and ink card, don't we?
That's true! An "e-card" just ain't the same, in my opinion...!

Quote:
Anyhow, I've been working with a few people who are still out there selling advertising, the paper and ink kind, and some are doing quite good with it.
That's a good sign!

Quote:
One guy gets ONE CORPORATE sponsor for his daily special menu board, and he's happy as a clam (never understood that saying, how happy can a clam be??).

Anyhow, he gives away a free board, and has one of the restaurant suppliers SPONSOR it for several hundred dollars a year, no muss, no fuss, no run around Sue, just one quick take it or leave it offer.

Imagine, a restaurant which serves both Coke and Pepsi (doubtful, but for example)...you have COKE sponsor the sign, or ask them first and say, well, if you don't want it, I'll ask PEPSI?

Always good to mention competition.
Good sales technique!

Quote:
Anyhow, PRINT is not dead. Still money to be made from things a small business can see, feel, touch, hold in their hands...all the while someone is trying to sell him eyeballs via SEO.

Money to be made in PRINT, AND plenty of expertise to call upon.
I'll have to be frank, I'm doing a lot of Facebook advertising nowadays...

The main advantage is how finely you can target.

But I love print, and I hope it thrives!

Best wishes,

Dien