View Single Post
Old September 10, 2017, 08:06 PM
Steve MacLellan

Default Violence to counter violence creates more violence

I think most of us would defend ourselves with force if we had to. Personally speaking, I've had a little training, and have survived through a few dust-ups. However, violence to counter violence creates more violence, and is not a solution. And if some of us are right, the backers behind Antifa want civil unrest. There have been marches in major cities here in Canada with clashes between both sides... but no, I don't go. As always, I decide a course for myself.

A couple of years ago a friend and I were having a conversation when I mentioned how racism and discrimination were increasing. He claimed it wasn't true, and asked for specific examples, to which I was at wits end to come up with a defense of my position. Yes, I should have some examples at hand...

I started a Google+ collection where I share articles and discussion that I've found on media sites on the topic of racism and discrimination. You can see it here: https://plus.google.com/collection/ckeMbB

It's my hope that the collection will help some people re-evaluate their stance on these issues. I know, it isn't much and can't be compared to punching a fascist in the nose, but it doesn't write anyone off either.

Regards,
Steve