Thread: Happy New Year
View Single Post
Old January 7, 2012, 01:52 AM
MichaelRoss

Default My secret to a happy life...

1 - Ditch the negative people in your life. I don't give a toss who they are (brother, sister, so-called friend). if they are crabs dragging you back down into the bucket you're trying to climb out of, ditch 'em. And I mean, Fully. Don't even entertain their whiny phone calls trying to lay guilt trips on you for ditching them. Remove them from your life. Now you are free of that crud.

2 - Turn off the news. Yep, that's right, goodbye CNN and Fox. What you broadcast has been selected by someone for me to hear/see so that person must want me to think in a certain way. I ain't buying. Sell it somewhere else. What you have isn't that important to my life anyway. And if it is, *I* cannot do anything about it so knowing won't make a lick of difference. So, be gone with you.

3 - Accept that people are nongs. Once accepted it will be hard for you to Feel The Outrage at the usual suspects.

4 - Go with it. You can move around within the flow, but fighting does nothing but tire you out.

5 - Tell your wife you love her and show affection without it Needing to end in sex. Happy wife, happy life.

6 - Take time out from your life - work, friends, family. Get some alone time, some solitude, some mental peace and quiet.

7 - Do not try to control other people. Let them be who they think they want to be, doing the things they want to do. You don't own them, they are not your slave. Leave them alone. Suddenly you won't be fighting against a person struggling to not be controlled.

8 - Do goofy stuff. Do kids things. yeah yeah, we put away are childish ways. Bull**** to that, I say. WHY stop enjoying kicking a hackey sack or tossing a frisbee or doing a stupid dance in your home when noone/everyone is looking. Goofy is good.

9 - Ditch caffeine. OMG you say. Well, it's a dehydrating stimulant. You don't NEED it. Ditch it. Deal with the headaches for a couple days then enjoy a life free of it. Same with smokes and other Drugs. Live in your rational mind free of stimulants and numbing agents.

10 - Understand at your core level that, there is always a way (to do what you want to do, achieve what you want to achieve, etc). You might not know it right at that moment, but it is there waiting for you to discover. Thus, you become open to possibilities.

Michael