View Single Post
Old April 26, 2022, 04:13 AM
Onwards and upwards!

Default New revolutions in this field...

Hi Millard,

One service which intrigues me (which I haven't tried yet) is Descript.com ...

The main feature that intrigues me is that it can take your audio recording, and "learn" your voice...

Then you can edit the audio just by editing the transcript!

It will use "your" voice to replace words in your audio, with new words...!

As they say on their web page, "you just edit audio by editing text"...

One of my brothers tried it out, and sent me an example... He only changed one word, but you couldn't tell that the new word was "fake" and not part of the original recording...

Best wishes,

Dien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dien Rice View Post
Hi Millard,

While I haven't done this with whole books or ebooks, I've experimented with dictating whole articles, and having them transcribed...

(Many writers in the "old days" used a similar technique. Sidney Sheldon used to dictate all his scripts and books to a secretary, who transcribed what he said...)

I recorded my dictation, then had it transcribed with Sonix.ai or Otter.ai from the recording (I tried and liked both)...

I had to make some corrections where there were transcription errors, but there weren't too many...

The only thing that "bothered" me is my speaking style seems to be different from my writing style!

So I felt I had to do more "editing" with the dictation method to get the final result how I wanted it to be...

However, on the plus side, I think there were fewer problems with "writer's block"... For some reason, I am more likely to suffer from that when I physically write...

I think, for me, the first draft is easier to "write" when I dictate. But later on, there was more editing required...

Best wishes,

Dien