View Single Post
Old June 15, 2017, 02:31 PM
Onwards and upwards!

Default Walking regularly is good for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vennlepe View Post
Oh i just saw the link you attached...
I love this one : Work. Walk 5 Minutes. Work. and I think I need that 5 minutes walk interval haha.
Hi,

I make sure to walk regularly now... It's good (and easy to do) exercise...

Every smartphone pretty much has a pedometer built in, which will count your steps. You can download apps to use it... That's what I use...

I'm counting my steps all throughout the day, and I try to reach at least 6000 to 7000 steps per day.

What I find is that, if I have a day with very few steps, I actually feel pretty crappy. Making sure I do the steps makes me feel better (and I'm healthier as a result)...!

I am generally monitoring my steps during the day... If I haven't done much walking yet, I'll figure out a way to do some walking. If I need to do any supermarket shopping, I might do that - which will increase my steps. If I'm going somewhere, I might not park super close by, but a little further away, so I get more walking in. I might find a nice place to wander around during a break, like a nice park, or an interesting area with stores and restaurants, which will also increase my steps!

Bad weather can sometimes be a problem... Shopping malls and supermarkets are some places you can get some walking done, protected from the weather. I also recently joined a gym (after much "persuasion" by my wife), so far I've mostly used the treadmill (though I plan to explore the rest of the equipment in good time)...

Best wishes,

Dien