View Single Post
Old November 10, 2022, 09:00 AM
Administrator

Default Some insights into leverage.

Thanks Millard.

It is the same thing I've been saying for a few decades now, it may take some a little while to 'get' it and apply.

I would add to the simplicity; start with what you know. With you, magic, and I still feel you have a gold mine, start digging, and keep at it.

Mine was golf, and BUSINESS OPPORTUNITY. I became involved in both very young, my dad, a barber, was always trying to add a profit center to the shop.

Back then, guys would linger, make an appt., come in early to 'read' the Playboys, munch on some chips and chill, talking sports, biz, or adult locker room talk away from the family.

One of our early successes was DYNA GLAZE, a new car polish. Those cans sold like hotcakes, because I did the cars next door for free...so guys would come into the shop and dad would ask if they saw those shiny cars...of course they did they had to walk right past them, and those cans flew off the shelf...and then he would offer my services to do the work.

It was child labor, in my mind, but I made more than older kids working real jobs.

Anyhow, we got these BUSINESS OPPORTUNITES type mags for free, back then, publishing houses would let barber shops pick out 10 or so mags, and they got them for free...apparently, that led to more subscriptions for them.

So, my dad and I would scour these things and send away for all the free information, all the cheap stuff, and since he had a small corner in the shop, something to sell to the MEN who came in.

In my teens, I took a job as a salt on a mailing list and had to drive around greater Akron picking up mail to take to downtown.

They also let me buy products, which once they analyzed, I could keep, and most often took my pay in product, Instead of getting 8 bux, I would get 16 products, THE DEFENDER OF WOMEN, which sold pretty good in the shop, and I sold them at wholesale to other stores.

My point is, BUSINESS OP, and GOLF were lifelong interests and so I had a huge store house mentally of the HOW TO. And those were products I started with.

I recall my very first golf lesson I got paid for. It went so well, it gave me a lot of confidence, and also got some referrals. Also, about a third of the price for a PGA PRO too. And I knew several PGA pros, who laughed when I went to the tee...but when I built a following of over 1200 members, on subscription, their laughing stopped, and I actually gave some of them work. HA!

Today, if I hadn't fallen out of love with golf, I could easily (and Millard this should interest you)...create a short report, a lead gen on how to make money by giving golf lessons in your back yard.

So, instead of offering a how to GOLF, which I had several products, I would offer a how to get paid to teach golf, a BIZ-OP, AND, this could be remotely.

A camera, Internet, I could analyze a golf swing from anywhere in the world, and offer instant suggestions. Say I sold a report for 10 bux, and the back end would be an affiliate offer for NETS and balls, and CLUBS.

Nothing I would ever touch. But then, if they were to charge 30 bux for half an hour, and I came on for 5 minutes to review some video, and make some corrections...I could get this BIZ OP into many hundreds of hands. But only one to start, and the time is the little snowball thrown down the hill.

So, with you, as I have said before, ONE of the many values I see, and just my non-magician Biz Op side here, the one that would be a fast sell, would be for THE ENTERTAINER'S GUIDE TO GETTING BOOKED.

Now, magicians, storytellers, comedians, etc., would be your target markets, and a simple little report for a few bucks gets these folks on a list...and from there, segment, and show some love for the list, and I guarantee it will grow.

In your case, as in almost everyone's, I see multiple pronged product attacks, so your tricks and magic patter can be products, MERCH, but from my perspective, ENTERTAINERS are an evergreen Parade of Life target market, and how many do you think would like to book a few more gigs?

There's your market.

Start with what you know, go small, build fast. Same old Gordon 'nonsense', as I've been told by more than one Big Dog Guru. Oh well, silly me.

Gordon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millard Grubb View Post
Gordon,

Thank You ! Thank You ! Thank You !

You have given here some of the best advice for just about anyone who has experience or knowledge enough to create a valuable report.

This info has been hiding in plain sight if you think about it.

Sell quality information at a very fair price.

Sell some more.

Build a list.

Love those on the list.

Create something that will satisfy those on the list.

Sell some more.

So simple, it is almost scary.

Two thumbs ALL the way up !

Last edited by GordonJ : November 10, 2022 at 09:24 AM.