Thread: Wow!
View Single Post
Old May 7, 2015, 02:47 PM
clawJAMMER

Default Re: Wow!

Hey Don- thanks for clarifying all that. I did the Callfire route as well and nobody's phone rang any more than usual. I tracked them for months.

Maybe I was targeting the wrong type of businesses but I did several of them for 'free' just to see if there was any noticeable increase in calls by having a thumbnail on the 1st page.

I did an interior design business, a towing company, a parking lot re-striping company, a window covering business, a shooting range that also gave classes on carrying a concealed weapon, and a local auto repair garage.

I didn't tell any of them except the interior design business. I wanted to be comfortable beforehand knowing I could get them on the first page using long-tail keyword searches for their business and if I noticed a increase in calls to those various businesses via CallFire I would then approach them.

I got them all on the 1st page with a 45-90 sec video thumbnail except for the towing company. The calls didn't stampede in by any stretch, not enough for me to approach them anyways. Nothing significant really. If I noticed 20-25 calls a month coming in I'd done the hula-hoop in a speedo at high noon in the town square.

Unfortunately for me it didn't happen and fortunately for everyone else within eyesight of the town square it didn't happen either.

So I just kinda cut my losses and quit spending as much time on the video stuff as I was before my 60 day test trial.

I personally need to see a quicker return from my efforts or I lose interest. It's an A.D.D. thing I guess good or bad. I'll give 100% for a couple months towards something and if it doesn't show me some promise by then, I fold up my table and go to another 'location' so-to-speak and try something else.

Using baseball analogy, sometimes I get some singles here and there to keep me interested. A double is even better and anything better than that is a bonus. If I hit a home run - woohoo - I can see the promised land so it motivates me even more to keep on trucking.

This video thing, for me anyways, just didn't pay off for me like I had hoped for the time I put into it because I really like messing with video but I really like getting paid even better.

Keep on keepin' on Don

Regards,
Glenn