View Single Post
Old July 21, 2009, 11:13 PM
MichaelRoss

Default Re: TOTALLY SUDDEN (+ troublesome) mindset shift - anyone else?

LR,

The Futile posters were to get across a point. To keep your expectations at zero so you can never be disappointed. If you have Zero expectations but Know there is always a way, you will keep plugging along until you do get it (figure it out, achieve it, etc.).

You do not need a business to have Pride in creating something. BUT, if you never have a job which you feel proud of your achievements - regardless of what Other People think of those achievements - then you will feel unsatisfied. And that could see you look for a business to buy or whatnot. Hence the idea that most of the franchise businesses for sale (lawn mowing, cleaning, etc.) are aimed at people are not satisfied with their Job as the money made is no different than that from a job.

This freedom to create your own schedule is not as it seems. Depending on the business you are Not free to create any other schedule than that which is forced onto you. A Cleaner is Forced by the nature of the business to operate at certain fixed schedules, for instance. There are no Holidays. No Sick pay. Often you can be More Trapped by such businesses than freed.

Obviously I am speaking from my experiences in Australia, but down here Jobs are only as scarce as your willingness to work. If you are willing to work Without a Job Snob attitude where you think certain jobs are beneath you, then you Will easily find work.

I saw a guy on a train. He had rust stains on his shoulder - a tell tale sign of a steel fixer. I asked him, "Are you a steel fixer?" From this small intro he informed me he had been in the country for 3 days and this was his first day of work. He was going to get off the train at a certain station and then Walk home. He told me the suburb and that would have been a two hour walk. I told him to stay on the train as it went by his suburb (he didn't know where the station was).

He also told me he was living with two people (a couple) who were unemployed and had been for a while. When he had done the two hour walk previously to seek work he asked his flatmate if he wanted to come and get work as well. His unemployed flatmate with nothing to do was mysteriously too busy and remains unemployed.

My friend's brother is unemployed. he is only willing to work if he lands a middle to upper management job. He's been unemployed for months. He's a job snob.

Michael Ross