View Single Post
Old November 4, 2017, 01:43 AM
Onwards and upwards!

Default Thanks Gordon for the inspirational "boost"...!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonJ View Post
But I do know that every single person reading this has something of value to offer to the world, but, alas, it probably won't ever get known.

And the simple reason it will die with you is: You don't take small ACTIONS on your big ideas, and allow them to accumulate and build.

Hope I hit a nerve or two.
Hi Gordon,

Great post!

I remember reading The First Hundred Million several years ago... It's a great book, and what he writes about is certainly true today.

He sold hundreds of millions of copies of his "Little Blue Books"...

Back in 1919, he sold pamphlets at 10c a pamplet, but people pre-paid him $5 - so they actually pre-paid him for 50 pamphlets, which he would then print and send to them over time (not all at once). He was printing these at 24,000 per day!

He would test out different titles... If a book didn't sell with one title, he'd try another title. (Many of the titles he tried and their sales figures are listed in "The First Hundred Million"... That's why copywriters love it so much.)

I'm leaning that way, Gordon (towards doing something like this)... Thanks for giving it a boost...

I'm actually making lists of possible short reports I can write (to be used for multiple purposes)...

Best wishes,

Dien