View Single Post
Old August 12, 2022, 04:12 PM
Administrator

Default I appreciate this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevord92 View Post
Thanks Gordon.
Ebay doesn't have to be like that (although it still involves posting and packing stuff) - the items I sell there are steadily in stock so I've not touched the listings since they were created except to add more inventory or change the price.
Amazon is less work - it doesn't take long to stick bar codes on items and I could outsource that (and will do on a piece work basis at some stage)
But definitely agree follow what you like doing and earn from that - deciding what you don't like doing can be a good way to home in on what you do like!

You and others have figured that part out. Unless you are the source of all this merch, are you not still at the mercy of supply side? Again, in the time it takes to post one item on ebay, we can easily post the same item on craigslist, or Facebook market, or just call someone in our network.

I think there are people like you who have simplified the whole ecom, ebay, amazon thing and but am I wrong when I say, if you don't sell, you don't make money?

As an example, a friend has natural gas leases...he gets a check every month for doing nothing but ownership. OR, consider one decent boat, there is a mechanic's special for 2k on marketplace. The stored market value of that is about 1200 to 2200, with 600 for mechanic and parts, a clear 500 profit. OR, that boat would make a nice day rental on either lake Erie or nearby Portage lakes. Rent it for 200 a day, more realistic figures, and it takes 12 rentals a summer to get investment back. Rent it a quarter of the 120 day season, or 30 times, and it looks better than flipping it. Thing is, without networks, a quick flip makes more sense.

I like what you do, and how you do ebay...I just think that for the same amount of time, less work, more profits are to be had.

Again, it is whatever suits us, but selling directly without a platform to pay, fees, etc., etc. works better for us.

Gordon