View Single Post
Old January 7, 2023, 10:22 AM
Administrator

Default Why I no longer trade my time for dollars.

It is almost SOP, Standard Operating Procedure, to have a consultancy at a high price attached to many HOW TO products.

I've done it. It works. It can be lucrative,

And it is also TIME CONSUMING. It has been a decade since they put the stent in my heart and I didn't even know I was having the "widow maker" heart attack, just had an upset stomach...

So, it gave me time to reflect on how my time was spent, and look at the stressors, which I believed then, I didn't really have any. Surprise.

Today, people, that is working directly with them is a part of the SLOP AND MESS which I avoid.

I bring this up, BECAUSE...it looks like many of you want to add the consulting TIME FOR MONEY part to your information empires.

My advice, depends.

If you are younger, say below 50, then giving your time for dollars may be the better choice, if you are over 50, my best advice is...AVOID it if you can.

If you do choose to do it, then find some good role models, examples: like a set time weekly for your GROUP and let them ask their questions then, as opposed to being available to them as they want.

Control your time. That is my point.

Now we just have completed the first post holiday round of INFORMATION empire building, with a goal to get you to 5 thousand bux a month by the end of the year. And this is done by starting slow, assessment, testing, and then scaling up.

The single most important thing is to find your voice and the group who wants to hear it. Simple, albeit, not so easy. May take months just to get to that point, but once you have your "tribe" and they like your voice, then they gladly give you some value in exchange for it, see?

I don't have any problems with YOU doing the time for money thing, but as we are planning into the future, we also want to explore how we can get the same results without all the slop and mess. Maybe there is a smarter way than to give up your time, and it may be continuous INFORMATION, delivered in a wide variety of ways.

Sort of the whole idea of selling INFORMATION, in MY mind is to get away from the selling, and get to that AUTOMATIC PRODUCT VENDING stage, when you peruse GUMROAD markets, you will see thousands of digital products in the their vending machines.

And Gumroad is just one of the many Platforms/Marketplaces out there.

So THINK through the plan, which is what we are doing now with the INFORMATION empire building.

Gordon