Thread: Selling Magic
View Single Post
Old September 20, 2019, 04:51 PM
Rick

Default Re: Selling Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millard Grubb View Post
I only occasionally do shows now... for very special events or occasions.

I am retired essentially from performing. I just just throwing out the fact that I have tons of materials and experience in the field and am deciding what I want to do with it.

Five thoughts come to mind. Note that I haven't researched these ideas in any way, shape, or form. I'm posting them here pretty much like they popped into my head.

1. Licensing. This one seems like a no-brainer to me. You could obviously control the number of licenses you sell. There are, of course, numerous ways you could structure the licenses. (The next two ideas are really just examples of licensing I guess.)

2. PLR. Private label rights. You could turn your material into PLR and sell that.

3. MRR. Master resale rights. You could license people to sell your material.

4. Coaching. You could coach magicians on how to run a magic business. There are several ways you could do this; group coaching and one-on-one coaching being the most obvious.

5. Membership site. While you could set up a coaching program like a membership site, I was thinking more of a "traditional" membership site where people pay monthly (recurring revenue!) and you post content weekly or monthly.

Rick