Old December 17, 2014, 07:52 PM
sandalwood

Default Re: Thanks Sandalwood-I checked all 3 authors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
Thanks Sandalwood,

Ivy Lee - dunno - a fiction book came up at amazon

Edward Bernays and Walter Lippman
are all about PR, Propaganda, Manipulating public opinion.

I have looked at before
and am Re-looking at several of their books
but When it's Rough to ADAPT and apply stuff on a 1 to 1 basis - that is being used on millions.

Any specific NLP and Persuasion
or Psychological Strategies I should look for?

Glenn

P.S. -

Sorry you didn't find anything on Ivy Lee. He was a very important figure in the government's propaganda campaign in Big Bang One.

I would suppose the easiest action to perform is reading the propaganda techniques. Anywhere from 7 to 10 comprise the backbone of this so called science.

Compare them to what you already know about NLP and persuasion and see what you see. If you don't draw any correlation, then there are none in your case. It is that simple.

Ha, ha, rough to "adapt and apply stuff on a 1 to 1 basis - that is being used on millions" is quite humorous to say and read. What the hell do you think you are writing about when you write your NLP stuff on how people use it to sell millions of records (Taylor Swift) for example? Geesh...

Glenn, this is not me prophesizing some sort of subterfuge system. This is nothing more than exposing the roots of persuasion. That's all NLP and all the other systems/processes/techniques boil down to.

F****** persuasion. That's it.

Read the guys who did it. Yep, all of the guys I mentioned did it. They invented the science, or at least put in practice what they assumed/knew to be true.

Let's go farther, or is it further?, back in time. The Bible. It has more passages devoted to money than any other topic. Two big time names, one a preacher the other an investment advisor, use it to teach people how to get rich. Literally.

Now let's skip over the get rich part and jump to people who don't care about money but who believe in what the book says about going to heaven. That's it. All they want to do is go to heaven. What's the common denominator?

Faith. There you have it. Believe and it will happen.

How about the bible being a free course in achieving success/money/riches? The freaking bible. Who wudda thunk it?

Anyway mi amigo hope that is an adequate response. I realize it won't sell any books but it is all right in front of us. All we have to do is look and listen. Almost reminds me of how the cards speak to me when I play poker.

Here is the one act that will get you more referrals, more clients, more money, more everything:

Listen

if you can do it.

Most of us can't.

Can you hear the letters M O N E Y screaming in that word? They are invisible so we don't believe they are there.

Funny how that works.

Have a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Tom