View Single Post
Old October 12, 2008, 04:28 AM

Default Re: I would change my "marketing efforts"

Quote:
Originally Posted by -TW View Post
Your marketing efforts produce 100 potential customers who CONTACT YOU, saying, "I'm interested, please email and/or call me."

Now -- what do you do? What's your immediate action plan? Do you do as the prospects request (call and/or email them)?

What if you discover they are unreachable and do not respond to any attempts to contact them? Even if your attempts are as inoffensive as, "you called me, and I'm returning your call."

What if ALL 100 are like that? -- year after year

-- TW

I would simply change the initial marketing approach. You may think that its hitting the prospects hot buttons and getting them to raise their hands. But its not doing a good job as the prospects go cold very quickly after raising their hands.

So as has been recommended to you before, try bribes and incentives. With your first contact.

Something to the effect of:

Call and book within 7 days - and you'll get a goodie for free.
If you book after 7 days, you'll still get our low low price - but no goodie.

Give a reason as to why you can give the goodie for free for only 7 days. This way, you won't get a lot of people calling you after 7 days and demanding a goodie.

Get the prospects to call "now" for a better deal. If you want, you could call the prospects who don't call you on the 4th day or so - to remind that only 3 days left for the free goodie too...