View Single Post
Old October 31, 2007, 11:00 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: I'm desperate and need your help

It's getting close to the Holiday BUYING season.

You said you have some space available in your strip mall.

Set up a "Christmas Craft" show...where you rent space for $500 a booth for the Holiday from Nov 15 thru Dec 25. 20 Booths gross $10,000.

The "Craft" stores and Churches know people who make crafts to sell.

You'd have to run some local ads AND...this lends itself to Free PR from local media.

Or set up a "Business Fair" where local businesses would rent a space to display their wares or services. Beauty Salon doing new hairdos, Nail Salon doing new nail designs, carpet cleaner, painter, plumber, roofer, water softener, pest control, realtor, bank.

Which reminds me;
I did the 1st, 2nd and 3rd Annual, "Aspen Home Show" in the banquet room of the Holiday Inn on Hwy 82 just before you get into Aspen. First time I rented 30 booths for $500ea...2nd, 40 booths for $600, 3rd, 50 booths for $750.

AND....I did a "Holiday Craft Fair" in the same room, one Christmas. Started the day after T'Day thru Sunday at 6pm...the biggest shopping weekend of the year. Rented 50 booths for $300 for the weekend.

Ran some ads in newspaper, radio and local Tv and...got some good PR.

You'd have to "hustle your bustle"...make phone calls, go see people to sign them up and collect your booth rent.

In the "Holiday" show I rented a helicopter for $1500...talked Barbi Benton into dressing up in a "revealing" Santa outfit....let all the media know that Barbi as Santa would be "landing at noon on Friday, the day after T'Day.

Got some GREAT...FREE PR...and had a smashing show.

Don Alm