View Single Post
Old July 9, 2022, 09:18 AM
Onwards and upwards!

Default Self-branding...

I thought some might be interested in this... Here's how some have "self-branded" themselves in the copywriting "space"...

"World's Greatest Copywriter" and "World's Best Copywriter" - the late Gary Halbert
"World's No. 1 Freelance Copywriter" - the late Ted Nicholas
"World’s Highest Paid Copywriter" - the late Clayton Makepeace
"World's Highest Paid Copywriter" - Dan Kennedy
"World's Most Expensive Copywriter" - Brian Keith Voiles
"World's #1 Copywriter" - Stefan Georgi
"World's Strongest Copywriter" - Per Andreasen
"World's Cockiest Copywriter" - Tjark Hartmann
"World's Fastest Copywriter" - Jack Turk

I hadn't heard of all of these people (I did a search)...

Does it work? I suspect it often does!

Best wishes,

Dien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dien Rice View Post
Hi Gordon,

You sparked an interesting thought...

Often, by claiming something and repeating it often enough, many people will accept and believe it...

For example, Gary Halbert multiple times (in his newsletter) called himself "The World's Greatest Copywriter."

In fact, he referred to himself as that (and other superlative nicknames) in a sales letter he wrote... coming from Joe Polish!

Such as...
"For a number of years now, I've been a subscriber to another newsletter writer. I'm not quite ready to divulge his name but he has numerous nicknames like... the 'Prince of Print'... 'Ace of Space'... 'Marketing Guru'... and... 'The World's Greatest Copywriter'."
From https://www.thegaryhalbertletter.com...ss_writing.htm

Now, you gotta back it up somehow... One of Gary Halbert's main claims to fame was his "coat of arms" letter, which he said he believed was "the most widely mailed letter in history" (from here).

However, a big claim, with some "backup" and repetition (and even putting it in other people's mouths - as Gary Halbert put it in Joe Polish's "mouth" in a sales letter he wrote for him!) - can mean your "big guru" claims can stick!

Hmm... Interesting train of thought there, if I do say so myself...

Best wishes,

Dien

P.S. Gordon, did you know that this is the longest-still-running online small business discussion forum in history? I think it's true...