Thread: My case study.
View Single Post
Old August 1, 2022, 09:02 AM

Default Re: My case study.

Was not aware of the Ohio sports betting program being set up. Of course, here in the Ozarks we don't think much about what is going on in Ohio.

I did get caught up in the big Megaball frenzy with the over 1 billion dollar jackpot and bought a couple of tickets. Seems like someone from my wife's old neighborhood won the big prize !

Your discussion made me think about the lottery in general. With all the service stations, grocery stores, retail stores, etc., selling lottery tickets, a hot sheet might work for them. I don't like the idea of going business to business, personally to offer any hotshots, but a sales person could do the job.

I seem to remember a few websites that offer weekly "tips" or reports on whatever lottery is going at the moment... yet even those that I saw seemed more "luck" based than statistics. Some years ago, Gail Howard had a book about creating tickets with "key" digits. Even Steve Player's "Win" book (out-of-print) seems to be so valuable, that it is almost impossible to find unless you pay thousands for it.

With all this interest in winning just the lotto... I am sure sports betting is just as big. The lottery seems to be for the common man, whereas sports betting may be a step up. Ha ! I really don't know since I never bet on any sports game or horse race ever.