View Single Post
Old January 15, 2023, 04:11 PM
Administrator

Default Yes, AMEN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevord92 View Post
Thanks Gordon.
Intrigued about Switchwords.
Copywriters do tend to have a high opinion of themselves but if they can convert even at 1% they can make their clients a lot of money.
Headlines (email subject lines) need to grab - if you don't get attention there, the delete or back buttons are ever ready.
That said, a pattern interrupt can be good.
With emails, I'll tend to open if it doesn't sound like a pitch. But I'll also obey the idiots who think asking me to delete the email is the key to me opening it
Knowing your target market helps - get under the skin, understand them and be on their side. If doing that is copywriting then I'm with that approach.
There's no single correct approach - different sectors of the market will be attracted to different sales pages.
The big thing is to do it rather than procrastinate. A so-so sales page that's live beats an excellent one that hasn't been published yet!

I agree, and argue the CHOICE of your target market, is the best thing you can do and to take your time and test it, then give it all the value you have.

It really is NOT all that hard, when you take the time to match the Intersection with the Avatar and meet them there at the right time. Then, if you want to scare them yell boo and pop a big red balloon.

To further this discussion, I have seen the copywriting gurus, with HOW TO BE LIKE ME, and Copy writing as a Biz-Op convince two generations now of want to be marketers that the copy is the thing they must learn, and pay dearly to do so.

OK, if that is what anyone buys into, almost guaranteed to add about 3 to 5 years of it that one doesn't need to spend when choosing the right market in the first place. 90 days seems like a long time to choose, test and know a market is going to respond to your offers...but it beats wasting 3 to 5 years of time because some guy you paid 5k to, sez it does.

As for Switchwords, it may all come down to: relief, release, relish or repent.

Basic underlying foundations of belief, and it doesn't require thousands of words to get some to understand your product relieves their pain, etc.

Gordon