View Single Post
Old November 23, 2021, 08:04 AM

Default Re: Room for everybody.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonJ View Post
It has been 10 years...wow, like swhoosh it goes fast...

since I made the video of the pan cookie and bean ice cream from New Mexico. I think my first cooking related video was almost 20 years ago...seems like I missed the boat on the whole cooking thing...albeit, always room for innovation in the kitchen.

I'm afraid if I were to fire up the stove, I'd make Gordon Ramsay look like a timid introvert...I mean, I get mad at people cutting up vegetables for cry in the buckets?!?!?!?!?

Anyhow...here are some ideas we've kicked around in the past:

I've mentioned ALEXANDER'S GREAT SOUPS, STEWS AND SAUCES.

I also have sketched out: SUBMARINE CUISINE: RECIPES FOR LARGE GROUPS.

RAILROAD CHEFS-Silver Bullet Meals on Steel Wheels.

Cooking for one.

Making what you have. I actually tried this, in the archives somewhere. Send me a pic or list of what you have on hand, I'll create a meal from scratch.

It helps that I've attended 3 cooking schools, grew up in a "restaurant", worked in dozens of kitchens, galleys. canteens and grills.

Anyhow, a magician could have his MAGIC MEALS CHANNEL, Rabbit Stew (first pull a rabbit out of your hat)...

or some quick and easy MAGICically QUICK meals.

A twist is all you or anyone needs, just as long as you don't show yourself peeling a dang carrot.

Gordon

Gordon,

I remember a show where someone came to a house with a film crew and made a meal with whatever was in the home owner's fridge. Might be interesting to create meals from lists of foods people gave you.

Hmmm...

Seems like Guy Fieri and his show, "Guy's Grocery Games" does a version of this.

Might be a lot of work, but a membership site that allows you to input ingredients and then "Viola" a recipe pops up could work... (But would it be profitable?)

As I mentioned before, there are many cooks on Youtube, could this concept be used to create a channel that people would watch? Who knows ?

Ha ! You could even make a challenge game out of it... Stump the chef! (See what happens when let my mind off the leash!)

Cheers,
Millard