View Single Post
Old October 10, 2019, 01:57 PM
Administrator

Default Unless the lucid dream or a past me....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dien Rice View Post
Hi Gordon,

I used to visit the library and even spend whole days there... Sometimes I'd just randomly peruse the bookshelves. (Of course, this was before the internet... It was kind of like internet surfing! But I was "surfing" the library bookshelves...)

One little adventure came from a book I found about lucid dreaming!

Lucid dreaming is when you are dreaming, but then you realize inside the dream that you are dreaming! This enables you to do all kinds of things in the dream, if you want to - such as fly.

I only found out about lucid dreaming because I randomly found a book about it in the library, and decided I wanted to try to have a lucid dream. The technique this book talked about is to get into the habit of constantly asking yourself - "Am I in a dream?"

When you are dreaming, often things are not "quite" right... But inside the dream, you don't realize it. However, if you get into the regular habit (while you're awake) of constantly asking yourself - "is this a dream?" - that habit will carry over into your dreams...

When you ask yourself this question in your dreams, you might notice something is not quite right - and realize, inside the dream, that you are dreaming!

That opens the door to a lucid dream!

Anyway, I got into this habit, and eventually, I did realize, inside a dream, that I was dreaming! I was able to then intentionally fly in the dream... But "flying" for me in the dream was like swimming - I was kind of doing the breaststroke, but through the air...

I don't remember how I realized it was a dream. But in one dream, I do remember waking up, and remember that in my room (in the dream) was a 3-level bunk bed. I had never seen a 3-level bunk bed before. It didn't seem odd to me in the dream, but it was only odd after I woke up and remembered the dream. It's things like this - if you notice it while dreaming - which could trigger a lucid dream.

Another time when I was just "surfing" library shelves (this time a university library), I found another book... This was a book written by people who felt that, in their dreams, they were revisiting past lives. It was fascinating... (I didn't try to replicate that one, though.)

Anyway... fun times...

Best wishes!

Dien

P.S. Note added afterwards. I found the lucid dreaming book I read - I think it was "Lucid Dreaming: The power of being aware and awake in your dreams" by Stephen LaBerge.

...gives me winning lottery numbers, I prefer to be not knowing I'm dreaming, and sometimes, the ignorance is BLISS. I read that book, and it is not too different than trying to control your astral body in the nether regions, but again, so far, not dreaming, imagination, astral projection have NOT produced any winning ideas or lottery numbers. Best ideas for me, are in the shower, when I'm alone that is. Hee hee.

Gordin