View Single Post
Old April 14, 2015, 09:27 PM
Onwards and upwards!

Default "Ideas are the real currency of the universe. Money is the shadow of that."

This is from further down the forum, on writing 10 ideas a day...

So why a new post? So people don't miss it!

You can read my earlier post on this here...

http://www.sowpub.com/forum/showthread.php?p=34841

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyBoy View Post
For each of those lists, I got to about 5 or 6 easily and was stumped. Then the creativity kicked in.

I'm going to explore this notion of ideas being used as currency.

Thanks for mentioning his site.
Hi Tommy,

(Click on the blue arrow next to "TommyBoy" above to see his post that I'm replying to.)

Writing down 10 ideas a day (on a single topic)?

That happens often to me too! Often, the first 3, 4, or 5 ideas are easy... Then it can sometimes get challenging!

I've had the experience where I've gotten to no. 9... and have really had to struggle to come up with idea no. 10 !

(People probably don't believe this, until they try it themselves. And I pride myself on being quite a creative person!)

I sometimes put the list aside once I've written down the "easy" ones, then come back to it later in the day. However, it does get your "idea muscle" working... Which can only be good for you, can't it?

Here is a great post where James Altucher expands on using ideas as currency... As far as I know, this article is only available on Facebook. However, I don't think you have to be logged in to Facebook to see it.

10 IDEAS TO MAKE MONEY WITH YOUR 10 IDEAS A DAY
http://www.facebook.com/james.altuch...52602951935636

The headline I used for this post is a quote from the article... "Ideas are the real currency of the universe. Money is the shadow of that."

If anyone else starts doing this, maybe we could set up something so we could share our experiences?

Any interest in that?

Best wishes,

Dien