View Single Post
Old December 28, 2011, 11:26 AM
Administrator

Default Easy peasy no selling marketing of your coupon booklets...

vintage Don Alm...

Make a mockup.

You can use the same booklet, just replace the cover with your mock up...and many times, just go ahead and make a name branded one...when you use a template, you can simply use the find and replace features of your text editor...so Joe's Cafe can easily become Betty's Diner...and in just a couple of minutes, you have a custom made mock up...

So, prep. Drive down a business street, take pics, go home and make mock ups. Next day, walk down or drive to the businesses most likely to use coupons HINT, they already do in some other media...

postcards, valpaks, coupon clipper type of mail...

these people are already spending money...

walk in...hand owner/manager the mock up...simply say it is a special coupon booklet that brings back customers week after week...NOT a one time use coupon that costs hundreds of dollars to place...but a low cost per person for REPEAT business and a referral program to get new customers...

NOW, just as I gave a nod to Richard Dennis for his cookie...and Jimmy Krug for his booklets ideas, and Paulette Ensign the Booklet Baroness (sez I)...

I must tip the hat to Don Alm for his mock up, and Steve DiMarco for his referral idea, although I've twisted and turned (otherwise known as Phil'd) the ideas and turned it into a cash cow.

What I do very differently is...I limit how many a new customer can order...it is a low cost, no brainer, TEST and see, I'm not allowed to sell more than this...THEN if it works, next month you can order more.

Rather than a COUPON or one time use, and being in a pak, or one of a 100 or even on 10,000 postcards along with others...

This is YOUR coupon book for YOUR customers to get them to come in more often, to help refer other people to you...and it is a simple test...with a custom designed booklet...turn around time in 3 days...

HAVE the sample specials ready for them to see...restaurants, do a weekly special, or by the day...come in any Tuesday (June for example) and get a free bottomless cup of coffee with any breakfast.

Wed is free dessert night with any dinner

Saturday is a bo go offer, maybe...

With a dry cleaner, the coupons are for specific items, weekly specials, etc.

THEY can design their own offer, just guide them to what is easy for you to do and promotions you know get results.

When doing a multiple business book, use their business cards, and/or their logos and create a one time offer for them...

OK, that's about it, not much more I can tell you unless I come and do it for you, and that ain't gonna happen, fair enough?

I'm open to questions, iffin you have some...if not, I'll close this discussion and move on to beans, or back to the future as I might refer to it.

Best advertisers are those already using coupons, easy to find, just go to USPS and look in trash can near the private boxes...you'll see tons of val paks, coupon clippers and yea, even giant postcards in the trash.

Tell the biz owner this is where you found their ad...

Sweet magic words which sell my origami coupons like mad.

Gordon Jay Alexander