View Single Post
Old February 1, 2018, 08:46 PM
Administrator

Default He was on my fridge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyBoy View Post
It is an interesting little gig, isn't it?

I'm sure I'd overthink it and worry about not having a license, and then the unions would be after me and I'd get my legs broken by guys named Sal and Guido.

Just curious, though, how'd you find Tony? Was he advertising somewhere even though he was flying low?

This also has may related applications: painting, carpet cleaning, electric, yard work.

I recall working at a condo building in Chicago and my buddy was raking in the dough regularly installing track lighting and other miscellaneous tasks in condo units.

Thanks for another great post.

I don't know if he was licensed or not. Didn't ask, didn't care. His name was on a list of about 50 local businesses on a magnetic calendar someone gave me a couple of years ago. Cut off the calendar, left the numbers up.

I do remember renting one of those big snakes on wheels from a local tool rental company, cost me about 60 bux.

Maybe you could rent the snake out and show up to deliver it and supervise, or just do it, just have a rental contract with no liabilty, same as what they would sign if they went to the tool shed themselves.

Here is the web address, guy has been in same location for decades.
http://www.fallstoolrental.com/plumbing.html

Here is the online policies page:
http://www.fallstoolrental.com/policies.html

I don't know where you live, but those days of Union worry died with either Jimmy Hoffa or Dorothy Killgallen.

I always advise a biz license and insurance, no matter what. Often, a rider might be available to your home owners, or a seperate liability insurance but, like the rental company, once it leaves their shop, it's my fault if anything happens.

Maybe, if someone has a lot of tools, maybe they could rent them out?

GordonJ

PS. No license required to chattel tools, for a person concerned about rules, regs, licenses and hit men, CHATTELING would appear to be ideal, eh?