View Single Post
Old March 12, 2021, 08:32 PM
Administrator

Default There are so many. I suggest one goes in the direction of their goals.

Thanks for posting.

Keep in mind, Roy Garn's work barely scratches the surface of the subject and his FATAL FOUR could be expanded.

On general overall persuasion, ROBERT CIALDINI, INFLUENCE: THE PSYCHOLOGY OF PERSUASION (I like the 5th edition). And Blair Warren's FORBIDDEN KEYS TO PERSUASION

I think Dien Rice offers Remote Influence, I don't sell it. It is based on the Square One Workshops. Here is the PictoGrigm of Persuasion:

https://bit.ly/2PZ4Ykl

I've not seen a Garn update, however, in the archives, you will find some discussions on this, and the FATAL FOUR. I use the PoP above and Modified Maslow Pyramid for most things of influence.

Gordon

PS If you have any specific questions, feel free to post them up here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manoj View Post
Hi,

It is my first post. These days I am reading "The Magic Power of Emotional Appeal" by Roy Garn in ebook format. While reading the book, I got so impressed by the real life examples given that I decided to read other works by Garn. So I searched Google to find other books by him. Unfortunately, I could not find any which made me guess that perhaps he wrote only one book on the subject.

However, my searching for Roy Garn somehow landed me on this website. I am an active Internet user since 2002 and I am really surprised as to why I did not find it earlier. It is a hidden gem.

My question is to Gordon who seems to be an epitome of all things related to selling and persuasion. After reading your post (Titled : Ah yes. Intent. Purpose. Action and adjustment.), I have already purchased the kindle edition of three books by Elmer Wheeler & Elmer G. Leterman.

My questions are :

1) Please advise me some other books and course on persuasion and understanding the mind of my prospects. I have a huge passion of reading such books and want to further improve my knowledge.

2) Whether your course "REMOTE INFLUENCE" is still available? It seems to be but I want to make sure. Is it also about persuasion and based on books? Or it is some kind of distilled knowledge that has come out from your life long experience of writing persuasive copy?

3) Whether the updated edition of Roy Garn's book by you (or some other sowpub member) is available now? In one of your post, you have mentioned about it.

Thanks a lot. I am sorry for asking so many questions in the very first post itself. But, after reading the content here, I am very much curious to know their answers. Kindly see if you can throw some light on my queries.

Regards,
Manoj