View Single Post
Old March 21, 2008, 01:05 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: opinion on a marketing idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by karunnt View Post
Thanks for your suggestions.

I am only trying to sell my product (a self-editable website for dentists). I really am not a true salesperson, just trying to get visibility for my business.

Dentists and Doctors are HARD to reach, as you've discovered....and as I discovered when I was selling a "Welcome Book" delivered to newcomers.

I'm assuming your "business" is creating websites.

I'm also assuming the main reason why a dentist would want to buy a "self-editable website" from you is to ....Get NEW Patients.

Well...what I did was send out a large postcard (8 1/2 by 5 1/2 with 1st class postage) that said;

"ARE YOU LOOKING FOR NEW PATIENTS?
CAN YOUR OFFICE HANDLE 5 TO 10 NEW PATIENTS A MONTH?
IF SO, CALL OUR 24 HR RECORDED MESSAGE FOR DETAILS!
555-1234 X 122"

They call the 2 minute recording which explains what I'm doing and WHY the caller (whch is usually the Office Manager) should leave their name & mailing address for my Free Report)

My "Report" showed a Sample of my Book and how their office would benefit by participating....along with a mention that "I" would be calling them to give them an Estimate" of cost...depending on which service they'd like.

You have to;
GRAB their attention
GET their interrest
BUILD their DESIRE to have YOUR program
and...CLOSE the Sale

I found that by "reeling them in sloowly" I was able to get my quota of dentists. With a "recorded message" i was able to capture the names of those interested....and I could "work" them.

There's a guy in Chicago who specializes in selling a $800 Marketing Program to dentists and has a Newsletter and has seminars on Marketing for Dentists.

I forgot his name but you sould be able to find him thru Google.

Don Alm