View Single Post
Old September 8, 2011, 01:27 PM
Administrator

Default Yea, for you youngsters, it is now six corners...sigh

See home page at www.sowpub.com for some Falls stories.

Sweetest Girl EVER from the Falls lived on 8th a couple of houses down from Lion's Park...THE sweetest.

I'm a 68 grad so I'm OLD. But you gave me some GREAT ideas...

I like the MASS Murders of Summit County. Falls, Class of 67 had Robert Berdella.

Plus Dahmer and a few others...

We'll go late at night into the valley...where Dahmer may have performed his first experimental killing...feel the chill...feel the hair on your neck stand up...

What are those sounds? Ghosts?

It is a HAUNTED valley, you know. 200 bux a pop for a night in the Valley...IF you can make it...ah, Blair Witch FALLS experience.

Swenson's???? Great idea...we can have a Summit Taste Experience...some of the best restaurants in America...home to the original hamburger (one of 9 places which makes that claim)...

Hike to Mary Campbell's Cave from the valley, with the reward a Galley Boy and some Onion rings and a milkshake at Swenson's. I ride the pontoon every year.

How about a kayak the other direction, Over the FALLS to Lake Edison...

you've given me some ideas, thanks Fallsite...just attended a Football game last week...we lost in the fourth...had a 14-0 lead and let down.

Gordon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick View Post
I'm living in Israel now, so things here are hot and dry...quite different than Cuyahoga Falls.

I have a few more ideas that are very local...

-The pontoon boat (My first job was as a guide on that boat). That's a relaxing experience people pay for. Last I heard, though, this was it's last year...
- Swenson's. Need I say more?
-Soap box derby
- How about spending some time with the Amish? Have some sort of experience where you pay to be hosted by a family and live that life for a few days.
-I know there's an old Cold War bomb shelter under the high school. I would pay for the experience to go and see what's there.
- What about a tour of interesting homes? Like LeBron's house in Bath, Jeffrey Dahmer's childhood home, etc..Come to think of it there are a lot of interesting people/homes in that area!
-If you're dealing with foreigners, taking them to a Black Tigers football game would be a great experience...it's very Midwest Americana. Or to one of the high schools show choir contests ( I'm a former M&M's and loved that stuff)
- There was another restaurant up in the Flats (Cleveland) called Dick's the Last Resort. The servers were extremely rude as part of the package. That was always an experience.

Many of these seem very Americana...real America. If you could get some foreigners to want to see 'real America,' and not just touristy Disney World/NYC/Grand Canyon...our area would be great for that.

I'd like that Direct Marketers tour!!

-Nick
PS- That's also known as 6 corners, right? By Chapel hill? Please send me a link to your homepage, I haven't seen it. I'm from 7th St by Lion's Park.