View Single Post
Old April 14, 2007, 10:45 PM
James Anthony

Default Re: I understand what you're saying but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You might want to understand the reasons of others who ARE offended especially if what is said CAN be construed as offensive. I'm saying this from one intellectual to another. (Not to start an argument or pick a fight.)

I think the reason that most people claim to be offended, is because they are being told that they should be. I understand your point, and I'm sure that a few people would have been offended by his comments, but nothing even close to what we are seeing. People with their own agenda are adding fuel to the fire and taking it way beyond reason.

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

(and for those that disagree with me, that statement was far more offensive than Imus's because it was for real)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
For the most part, we ALL insult or make fun of each other to have a few laughs. But it's usually done in a private manner and with people who know our intentions. However, should you move to a more public forum and say the very same things, they are (or can be) interpreted differently. I'm sure you understand the point I'm making here. Because you know that as much as you trade friendly insults with your Mexican friends, you're smart enough to know that in certain situations you wouldn't dare say those things - for obvious reasons.

Yes, I totally agree and as I've already said, I think his comment was out of place on his show. I don't think it justified him being fired though, or even a suspension.

He recognized that he said something that he shouldn't have and he apologized for it. It was a sincere and heartfelt apology. It should have ended there, and would have if others didn't blow it up into something it wasn't.